- Brooks, R.N., Prowse, T.D. & O'Connell, I.J. (2013). Quantifying Northern Hemisphere freshwater ice. Geophysical Research Letters, 1128-1131.
- Brown, L. C., & Duguay, C. (2010). The response and role of ice cover in lake-climate interactions. Progress in Physical Geography , 671-704.
- Serreze, M. C., & Barry, R. (2005). The Arctic Climate System. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
Current Lake Ice State
- Dibike, Y., Prowse, T., Bonsal, B., de Rham, L & Saloranta, T. (2012). Simulation of North American lake-ice cover characteristics under contemporary and future climate conditions. Royal Meteorological Society. International Journal of Climatology, 695-709.
- Paquette, M., D. Fortier, D. R. Mueller, D. Sarrazin, and W. F. Vincent (2015), Rapid disappearance of perennial ice on Canada’s most northern lake, Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 1433–1440, doi:10.1002/ 2014GL062960
- SWIPA. (2011). Changing Lake and River Regimes: Trends, Effects and Implications. Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic .
- Brown, L.C. and C.R. Duguay. A comparison of simulated and measured lake ice thickness using a Shallow Water Ice Profiler. Hydrological Processes 25 (19), 2932-2941, 2011. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.8087
The Great Lakes
- Canada. (2013, June 24). CHAPTER 3 ICE CLIMATOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS - Ice Navigation in Canadian Waters. Canadian Coast Guard - Canadian Coast Guard. Retrieved August 6, 2013, from http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/Icebreaking/Ice-Navigation-Canadian-Waters/Ice-Climatology-and-Environmental-Conditions
Last updated on 06/11/2017